Annunciation Orthodox School,
having grown from a ministry of the
Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral, celebrates
the diverse and individual qualities of all children and their
families. AOS provides a superior education in a secure and
stimulating Christian environment which encourages the
individual child to achieve academic, spiritual, emotional,
social and physical excellence, and to become
a responsible member of our society.
Annunciation Orthodox School is committed to:
- High standards for academic achievement,
- A school culture that allows the whole child to develop and enjoy emotional health and well being,
- Spiritual and moral guidance from an Orthodox Christian perspective that focuses on values and instills a feeling of joy, respect and confidence,
- Professional and competent business operations,
- Contributing to the social, cultural and economic well being of the Houston community, and
- Promoting physical health and education, athletics and the values of good sportsmanship and team spirit at all levels.
Annunciation Orthodox School believes that diversity enriches a school community. We respect racial, cultural, ethnic, physical, religious, socioeconomic, and philosophical differences in our students, faculty, administration and families. We celebrate our individuality and encourage a climate of mutual interest and respect, in accordance with our Christian values. Our commitment to diversity prepares our students to interact and communicate effectively with a spirit of understanding and compassion in an increasingly global society.