Annunciation Orthodox School (AOS) seeks elementary teachers who demonstrate proficiencies in both progressive and traditional pedagogies while consistently utilizing child-centered techniques. Strong candidates will be energetic, organized, passionate about lifelong learning, and dedicated to developing students’ character. AOS is a dynamic work environment looking to add new ideas and hard work in the service of our students.
AOS seeks candidates who are eager to support the School’s Mission as we develop the “hearts and minds” of our students.
Reports to: Head of Lower School
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30 AM-3:30 PM with additional time as needed for meetings and professional development.
● Create a positive, supportive learning environment.
● Create developmentally appropriate, standards-aligned, research-based lesson plans and instructional activities for use in the classroom.
● Differentiate lessons and instructional activities to support various student needs.
● Observe and evaluate student performance. Maintain grade/record books.
● Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
● Build relationships and communicate with parents and colleagues.
● Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved and age-appropriate disciplinary procedures.
● Encourage communication, critical thinking, creativity, and collaboration.
● Actively engage in various forms of professional development.
● Model Christian morals, values, ethics, attitudes, and behaviors.
● Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in elementary education
● Minimum three (3) years of teaching experience
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Strong commitment to student progress and success
● Knowledge of current best practices in elementary education, as well as a working knowledge of technology (We are a Google school.)
● Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- A cover letter
- The contact information of at least three references